Friday, August 14, 2009

OK, the first rule of Blogging, keep on posting. Well, that didn't happen. So here I go again!

I spent the last few months trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I guess this is it, create. Without adding more junk to the planet, using what is easily available and nearby. Using pieces of nature that are not using it up. And avoiding waste. Wow, that is an idea, isn't it?



I have been collecting dryer sheets for about a year now. I thought they were some kind of natural fiber (boy was I wrong) and could be repurposed into art (I was right about something). So, now, I ask that you help me by saving any you have that are used. I will make them into something, I won't tell you what-yet. By the way they are awful. Plastic, turtle food and ecological waste. Total "cover the earth in human debris" stuff. Icky! I don't buy them any more. I called Bounce and they told me they are PLASTIC! Call them like I did, 1-800-526-8623, to check it out. Meanwhile, save them and I will give you some ideas for repurposing them. Or tell me your ideas!

About 2 years ago I also started saving beer bottle tops. So please save them for me as well, if you can. I am making a sculpture out of them. The idea here is to use the common trash, repurpose it, make it into art and increase awareness of what we are throwing away. )I can't believe how much beer my friends drink!) And this is metal, mined metals that are in the earth and being thrown away as trash, that I can make into sculpture. Hey, you may think it is a little thing, but you can come on over and see the BOXES of beer bottle tops I have accumulated....

And on to dear husband Fred. Such a nice guy. He goes along with all of this stuff for me, or because of me. Hope that someday he digs out from my trash..... and resurfaces in the right decade.




No comments: